Friday, December 6, 2013

Breaking Dawn(condensed version)

In case you didn't want to read my whole review of "Breaking Dawn" here is the condensed version:

     As much as I hated “Eclipse” I hated “Breaking Dawn” even more.  Stephenie Meyer follows the same damn formula for this book as she did in the last book.  In “Eclipse” an army assembles to destroy Bella and the Cullens and the conflict is revealed and quickly (and anticlimactically) resolved in the last act of the book.  In “Breaking Dawn” the Volturi assemble an army to destroy Bella and her family and the conflict is quickly (and anticlimactically) resolved in the last act.

     GOD THESE BOOKS SUCK!  After reading 3 out of the 4 I can't imagine why they have such a devoted following.  "Breaking Dawn" is bloated, slow, and just plain boring.  It's clustered with padding and nonevents that have no bearing on the plot, story, or character development. I am grateful that this is the last "Twilight" book I'm going to read.  I have no plans on reading or reviewing the first "Twilight" book.  If I get bored I might review the movie but I really don't think the first movie is that bad.  20/100 Might as well pick up "The Hunger Games" or "Ender's Game" instead of these books or better yet you could just save yourself some time and watch the movies.  The Twilight movies are just as bad but it's more fun to watch a train wreck rather than read about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment