Thursday, June 14, 2012

These commercials are horseshit!

Its true not many people like commercials.  They interrupt our programming, they can often be misleading, they try to sell us shit we don't want or need, they're overly cute or sentimental, or just plain annoying.  For the most part we just disregard them or simply turn our brains off.  I like to mute the tv and take that time to read a few paragraphs or a page in whatever book I'm reading at the time.  But every now and then you see a commercial so stupid or unnecessary it's all you can fucking think about and it slowly drives you insane every time you're forced to suffer through it.  For me no other company does this more than GEICO!!!!  The verizon ones with the Can you hear me now? campaign used to piss me off too.  At first a lot of us used to get a kick out of the silly Geico commercials especially the ones where the announcer would say something about Geico saving you money and then asking a sarcastic question.  ie Can Geico save you %10 on your car insurance?  Does a bear shit in the woods?

The first one that started getting under my skin was the woodchuck commercial.



annoying geico woodchucks

It wasn't so much that the commercial was annoying as it was just shown so frequently it became annoying.  Now the next one was downright annoying from the very start.  THAT FUCKING PIG THAT WENT WEEEEEEEE ALL THE WAY HOME!!!




annoying geico pig

I seriously didn't think it could ever get any worse than that stupid pig and just looking at the preview for that video makes me want to eat ten pounds of bacon.  But never underestimate Geico's ability to top themselves in the stupid commercial department.  Their newest campaign has got to be the dumbest, most absurd, annoying, thing I have ever seen in or out of a commercial.




your children aren't special

Let's dissect what's wrong with these commercials shall we?  First off the commercial parodies past blind taste test commercials but doesn't seem to know exactly what the fuck a blind taste test is the first place.  Notice how this idiot isn't exactly unbiased by describing to her what she's drinking as she's drinking it.  I think a while back there was a coke/pepsi blind taste test commercial.  Imagine if the tester in those commercials told the consumer drink A is great and when the consumer drank drink B just talked about how much it sucked and how awful it was.  If the consumer is allowed to judge which is which prior to drinking it ceases to be a BLIND TASTE TEST and the results are fucking meaningless.

I can't believe I'm even making this an issue but everyone knows car insurance is not tangible, cannot be imbibed, and has no taste!  When you take that into account the premise of the commercial becomes as stupid as the commercial itself.

Another thing that bothers me is this lady doesn't even look pregnant.  It looks like she's got a pillow or something under there.

What's worse is not that this one commercial is stupid, and it sure as hell doesn't make me want to buy geico's insurance, but that this is yet another example in a long line of stupid, inappropriate, annoying, commercials produced by the Geico insurance company.  Its gotten to the point where I can tell its a Geico commercial the second I start grinding my teeth and balling my fists.  The second I hear Geico's name I pine for the equally stupid but more bearable Progressive commercials.

No comments:

Post a Comment